Princeton University B.A. 1975
Mali Burgess, Ph.D. received her B.A. from Princeton University summa cum laude and her Ph.D. from Union Institute and University. She is a faculty member at California Institute For Human Science, Energy Medicine University, SelfDesign Graduate Institute, and educator and consultant for Iris Institute. Her research has involved cross-cultural arts and disciplines, healing and spiritual traditions, geometric dynamics and the psychophysiological effects of the architecture of space, relationship dynamics and participatory processes, creative awareness and creative healing, and consciousness. Her works as a visual artist have been shown and awarded internationally. She is the author of Still and several digital publications.
Education, Subtle Energy Systems, Creative Awareness, Creative Healing, Creative and Visionary Processes, Geometric Dynamics, Art and Architecture, Consciousness
SD 510 Evolutionary Aesthetics: Education, Imagination and Social Transformation
Learners in this course explore evolutionary aesthetics: education as a living process, creativity as a learning process, and social transformation as an evolutionary process. They inquire into and consider the importance of creativity in education, of education in social transformation, and of aesthetic beauty in life, nature, the arts and sciences, health and healing, creativity, culture, and evolution.
SD 511 The Art and Architecture of Consciousness
Learners in this course explore the patterns and dynamics of relationship reflected in the foundational processes of life and the deep structures of consciousness. They investigate and reflect on the ways these dynamics embody the essence and beauty that simultaneously describe the most basic and most complex of living systems, from fundamental patterns embodied by the natural world to social networks, sacred structures, psyche and soma, the subtle body, and processes of consciousness.
- Subtle Energy Systems I & II
- Creative Awareness and Self Healing
- World Traditions: Metaphysics and Healing
SDGI Directed Studies
- Teachings on Non-dual Awareness
- Wellness and Aesthetics
- Evolutionary Aesthetics: Education, Imagination and Social Transformation
- The Art and Architecture of Consciousness
- Creative Awareness and Self Healing. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2016
- Stories From the Well. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2013
- Art and the Architcture of Consciousness. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2013
- Geometric Dynamics. The Art and Architecture of Consciousness. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2012
- Iris Style. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2010
- Art. Children and Their Art. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2010
- Still. Carolingian Press. Stockton, NJ. 1975. Still. San Francisco, CA. 1977
Websites of interest