Mali Burgess, Ph.D. received her B.A. summa cum laude from Princeton University and her Ph.D. from Union Institute and University. She is a faculty member at SelfDesign Graduate Institute, California Institute For Human Science, Energy Medicine University, International University of Professional Studies, and educator and consultant for Iris Institute. Her research has involved cross-cultural arts and disciplines, healing and spiritual traditions, geometric dynamics and the psychophysiological effects of the architecture of space, relationship dynamics and participatory processes, creative awareness and creative healing, and consciousness studies. Her works as a visual artist have been shown and awarded internationally. She is the author of limited edition and digital publications.
Education, Creative Awareness, Creative Healing, Subtle Energy Systems, Creative and Visionary Processes, Geometric Dynamics, Art and Architecture
Learners in this course explore evolutionary aesthetics: education as a living process, creativity as a learning process, and social transformation as an evolutionary process. They inquire into and consider the importance of creativity in education, of education in social transformation, and of aesthetic beauty in life, nature, the arts and sciences, health and healing, creativity, culture, and evolution.
Learners in this course explore the patterns and dynamics of relationship reflected in the foundational processes of life and the deep structures of consciousness. They investigate and reflect on the ways these dynamics embody the essence and beauty that simultaneously describe the most basic and most complex of living systems, from fundamental patterns embodied by the natural world to social networks, sacred structures, psyche and soma, the subtle body, and processes of consciousness
SDGI Directed Studies
- Teachings on Non-dual Awareness
- Wellness and Aesthetics
- Evolutionary Aesthetics: Education, Imagination and Social Transformation
- Creative Awareness and Creative Healing
- Awareness and the Afterlife
- Creative Awareness Creative Healing. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2016
- Stories From the Well. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2013
- Geometric Dynamics. The Art and Architecture of Consciousness. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2012
- Art. Children and Their Art. An Iris Institute Digital Publication. 2010
- Still. Carolingian Press. Stockton, NJ. 1975. Still. San Francisco, CA. 1977
Websites of interest