A unique learning community
The SelfDesign Graduate Institute is a unique learning community committed to the integrity and capacity of each person to design her/his own learning—and life. This resonates in all areas of our Master’s Degree programs and our Certificate Program.
We hold these commitments deeply, because we believe that the more human beings can discover and enact their own life designs and purposes, the more they will be able to contribute to the creation of a peaceful, sustainable global society on this planet.
At every step in the life cycle from early childhood to elderhood, we can lead and design our own learning through spirals of discovery, introspection, integration, and expression. This is the central insight that guides our engagement at the SelfDesign Graduate Institute. The SelfDesign Graduate Institute provides a learning environment where each learner can engage in her/his own process of selfdesigning her/his learning—and life—with the support of colleagues and faculty mentors.
- SelfDesign is a profound insight into human potential and the evolution of human consciousness.
- SelfDesign provides practical tools for learning and growing at every age—and for creating healthy innovations in the world and healthy, meaningful lives.
- SelfDesign offers access to integral perspectives and insights.
- SelfDesign can be your pathway to discovering the contribution you are called to make—to yourself, to your community, to humanity, to the planet.
Unlike most master’s programs, we invite our learners to use their M.A. studies in the immediate service of their vision and their work in the world. We encourage our learners to explore their intellectual curiosity, their intuition, their imagination, their heart’s desire, and their calling and to find their way toward making all of that become their work in the world. We offer a rich wealth of faculty resources to support all of this.
Some of the things our learners are doing
- One learner employs his choice of SelfDesign courses and directed studies to support the work he does in a childrens learning center he created and leads in Austin, Texas.
- One learner is using her SelfDesign courses and studies to create a new independent elementary school in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- One of our learners has used his SelfDesign learning to create a Wilderness Program for pre-teens that integrates distance canoeing, wilderness skills, social skills, and an experience of the majesty and wonder of wild nature.
- Another learner has employed her directed studies to envision and lead a trip for teens to study and swim with dolphins in Bimini as well as study the local economy and help local friends with their gardens.
- One learner works at a new learning and holistic health center in China where she is using her SDGI courses and studies to support her development of new programs for all ages.
- One learner uses her M.A. program to help her lead the creation of a new community farm and learning center.
- Another learner, one of our graduates, used her program courses and studies to help develop a new parenting education business.
- Another graduate is offering online parenting webinars.
The SelfDesign Graduate Institute’s M.A. Program opens the door to your own expression of your vision and calling.
The Roots of SelfDesign
The SelfDesign Graduate Institute is made possible through an Agency Agreement between the SelfDesign Learning Foundation and the SelfDesign Foundation.
The SelfDesign Graduate Institute was authorized by the Washington State Student Advancement Council in 2011 and began offering courses in January 2012.
Brent Cameron is the founder of SelfDesign. Brent passed away in May 2012. His legacy lives on throughout the SelfDesign community.
The SelfDesign Learning Community in British Columbia is a distributed learning program, currently serving more than 2400 families. You can learn more about this at selfdesign.org